Thursday, March 11, 2010

Should I combine a sea salt bath with tea tree oil antiseptic to heal eyebrow ring infection?

For about two days I have been using a tea tree oil antiseptic to heal my eyebrow ring infection, it has made the infection not as hard as before, but it is alot more sore. I was reading through some other remedies and I saw a few postings about a sea salt bath. So I did a hot compress and a sea salt bath on the infection. The infection feels alot better, it is still red and hard though.


Do you think I should stick to the hot compress + sea salt bath, or should I just use the tea tree oil on it?


Or perhaps use both?Should I combine a sea salt bath with tea tree oil antiseptic to heal eyebrow ring infection?
I think you should see a doctor for advice. You may need antibiotics or other treatment. Until you get in, I wouldn't think any of the suggestions you made could really hurt, but I wouldn't depend on them if there's really an infection as opposed to normal mild swelling.Should I combine a sea salt bath with tea tree oil antiseptic to heal eyebrow ring infection?
Make sure the sea salt bath is nice and strong, and quite hot (obv not scalding though), and do it twice a day. By all means use essential oils too, but I would recommend lavendar instead of tea tree - tea tree is antiseptic but can also be an irritant which might be why you are more sore. Lavendar is also antiseptic and antibacterial but is skin healing and a little more gentle. Apply it twice a day, at different times to the bath, so your piercing is getting a constant stream of care.





Keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse, or isn't getting any better within about 3-4 days, see a doctor. You may need antibiotics and if you leave it and the infection doesn't clear, you could end up with a scar, which isn't a good look!
i would def. take some sea salt, from the store, and mix it with some warm water in a small bowl. take a medicine dropper and squirt it on your eyebrow ring. do this a few times a day if you need to! i did this for my nose ring and thats what they told me to do when they pierced it. they also gave me this salt spray in a can for it so i think you will be fine.! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment