Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My 11 year old has an ingrown toe nail.the doctor said to do nothing but salt water bath.does this seem right?

im a little worried it could get worse.i remeber being similiar age and the doctor cutting the nail back .any input into ingrown toenails wiht kids would be good.thanksMy 11 year old has an ingrown toe nail.the doctor said to do nothing but salt water bath.does this seem right?
I had an ingrown toenail that I nursed for months thinking I'd be able to get it better. I put antiseptic oint on it, soaked it,,, Just kept getting worse. It was so painful - I never realized how extremely painful an ingrown toenail could be.


FINALLY I went to a podiatrist. He cut the nail and it instantly felt better. When he showed me the nail - a sharp pointy end had been digging under the skin at the side, there was no way it would have gotten better with my own treatments.


It your son's nail isn't getting better, just take him to a podiatrist - very quick and easy treatment by a professional and he'll be so much better.My 11 year old has an ingrown toe nail.the doctor said to do nothing but salt water bath.does this seem right?
Cut a V into the centre of his toe nail to encourage it to grow away from the sides and into the centre of his nail. This normally works. And yes what your doctor said will help with any infection.
no... my friend had an ingrown toenail


she had surgery to get it removed


i dont know what your doctors thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment