Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am making bath salts for a gift basket but I am concerned about the food coloring that I put in.?

I mixed together my food coloring and then my body spray scent and then I laid it out to dry. But I am worried about that food coloring staining someones skin and turning the water the color of the food coloring when it is put in the water. So if I keep it laid out to try over night will it still stain?I am making bath salts for a gift basket but I am concerned about the food coloring that I put in.?
Letting it dry will not prevent staining. The colour gets reactivated when wet. However, you are only adding a tiny drop or two to get a pale colour, that there is hardly any colour at all. You won't need to worry about it at all. The water won't even be coloured when added to the bath. Just like the colour in shampoo is not a consideration -- it's too small an amount to make any difference.I am making bath salts for a gift basket but I am concerned about the food coloring that I put in.?
Usually there is so little coloring in it that it wouldn't matter. But you could try it out on yourself. :)





Put a bit in a sink full of hot water and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment