Sunday, March 7, 2010

How to make lasting Bath salts?

I make bath salts for myself but they do not store well, they lose color and the smell turns sour after about 3-4 weeks. I'd like to give these out for the holidays.


I use only Essential oils, a drop or two of food coloring and I store them in Mason jars with a thight lid or ziplock bags.


Can anyone tell me why they might not be lasting as long as store bought?How to make lasting Bath salts?
They are missing the preservatives that the stores use, and you are using real oils, not synthetic ones. I think you should be ok with the fact that yours are only good for 3 weeks. Make the salts right before you see the person and tell them to use them right away. You can give them the salt of the month if you want to give them more.How to make lasting Bath salts?
use about 100 drops of food coloring.Before giving spray perfume in it.Write back to hillaryduff1212@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment