Sunday, March 7, 2010

How much salt to add to bath after childbirth?

I'm asking for my friends 18yr old daughter, she had a baby 2 days ago and was torn + has grazes. I told her to have a salt bath to help heal quicker, but I cant remember how much salt to add.


I had salt baths with my first.......but that was 15 years ago! The memory is not as good as it used to be!


thanksHow much salt to add to bath after childbirth?
Any amount is fine - as long as it has some salt. Also get an old container and when she needs to use the bathroom fill the container up with some warm water and add a small amount of salt. Than when she is doing her wee pour the water over the area at the same time. It will stop the stinging and it will also make her heal a lot quicker and it will always keep her extra clean!





I certainly do not mean using a whole container of salt - a table spoon should be fine.


Good luck!How much salt to add to bath after childbirth?
i used lots about 7 spoon fulls but you could put any amount in xx
No, ';any'; amount is NOT fine. Too much salt can dehydrate the skin. Remember the wrinkly fingers you got after you took long baths as a kid? That's because of the salt -already- in the water and your body's water leaving the body to compensate the salt imbalance.





A baby's skin is more sensitive than an adult's skin. Keeping the booboo clean will let the body heal on its own.
I have never used salt, but have used Badedas Oil which helped me no end.


I had a 2nd degree tear with my first child (now 2.5 yrs old) and a 2nd degree tear and bruising with my 2nd child (now 2 weeks old).

No comments:

Post a Comment