Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do you make a quick and easy bath-salt?

I want to make my friend a bath product so I thought it would be fun to make a home-made bath-salt. How would you do that?How do you make a quick and easy bath-salt?
Epsom salts are a good base. You should use SOAP DYE not food coloring to color the salts. Food coloring will stain both your bathtub and your skin (personal experience, you don't want to turn yourself blue, I promise)How do you make a quick and easy bath-salt?
My personal dermotologist makes me batches of this by the gallons!





-Epsom salts


-Sugar in the Raw


-Honey


-Lemon slice


-Any herb you like. I enjoy lavender.





Mix it all up until it is a paste and use it in the shower!
Get some epsom salt
Its not expensive, buy some
Here's the recipe I use;


the base is:


1/2 cup sea salt


1/2 cup epsom salt


1 cup crushed road salt (crush it in ziploc bag with a rolling pin)or large crystal kosher salt


Add:


1 teaspoon clove oil


1Tablespoon lavender oil


1 teaspoon peppermint oil


3 drops blue food coloring, 1 drop red food coloring (use Watson oil colors)


Blend the oils together first, then toss with the mixed salts.





Seal in decorative jars and label.
epsolm salts- you can add glyserine and colour FOOD colouring and perfume oil if you wish, allow to dry

No comments:

Post a Comment