Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Epsom salt sitz bath and pregnancy?

Not sure if I had lost my plug (revert to http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a> would it still be okay to take an epsom salt sitz bath (for hemorrhoids)? I know it's encouraged to not take baths after you lose your plug, but just asking just in case. I want to know what you people know and have experienced, rather than to call my doctor right away, so before I do that, please don't tell me to. Thanks in advance!Epsom salt sitz bath and pregnancy?
The sitz bath shouldn't be high enough to enter your vagina, let alone travel up to your uterus and get near the baby. Also, your bag of waters hasn't broken, so that's yet another barrier. I think it'd be fine. Have you tried the tucks pads? That's what I've used so far since hot baths are generally a no no during pregnancy.Epsom salt sitz bath and pregnancy?
Lol, well, a true sitz bath is only a couple of inches deep at most(they make tubs for that purpose? I never knew that, always did it in the regular tub after my c-section) You put the couple inches in there with the salts, and sit straight up and down, don't lean back. ;)

Report Abuse


  • preventing blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment