Sunday, March 7, 2010

Can I use bubble bath and bath salts when I am pregnant?

I received a TON of bubble bath and bath salts for christmas, and I LOVE taking baths. But are these products safe to use when I am pregnant? I'm 5 months along.Can I use bubble bath and bath salts when I am pregnant?
You are fine to use bath salts and bubble bath. The only thing to watch for is if they contain essential oils as some essential oils can be dangerous in pregnancy. Oil's such as lavender and orange are fine and are quite relaxing.





Here is a site of other oils to avoid during pregnancy.





http://www.earthyfamily.com/arom-caution鈥?/a>





Even if you have been given some bath salts or bubble bath containing essential oils that can't be used in pregnancy, you will have something to look forward to once you get home from the hospital. :)





Enjoy your new bath stuff and good luck for the rest of your pregnancy.Can I use bubble bath and bath salts when I am pregnant?
Oh goodness, by all means enjoy.


Remember, your baby is floating in a bag of amniotic fluid. Nothing can get in except through the umbilical cord.
yes you can just dont make the water to hot. I take baths all the time its actaully very relaxing. The products wont hurt the baby at all. Have fun and relax taking your bath!
Yep, it's safe. Nothing can get up into your vagina during a bath. It's a common misconception. I take bubble baths every day...it's quite relaxing!! I'm 20w2d....
I think it will be just fine.


11 wks pregnant with baby number *one*

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but it IS possible for something to "get up into your vagina during a bath"... It depends upon with whom one is bathing.

    ReplyDelete