Saturday, March 13, 2010

Betta that breeds to take salt bath?

I have a betta male, he is already building his bubble nest, but I have noticed that he has a tiny red edge to a small part of his tail fin. It is really small, and I already made a 50% water change, with aquarium salt and a general tonic, about five days ago and three days after that again. That seemed to help, it got smaller and less red. But now, it doesn't seem to go away, always returning to another spot.





So, even if he is building his nest, can I give him a short salt bath to get rid of the red spot for good?





If yes, then can someone just tell me the concentration of salt to water?





Please and thank you.Betta that breeds to take salt bath?
Yes, you can give him a salt bath, but it may or may not help. If it's finrot, the best thing to do is simply to keep his water clean and warm. Often times that will clear it up. If it doesn't, then I'd suggest a finrot specific medication.Betta that breeds to take salt bath?
ours begs for bathing too

No comments:

Post a Comment