Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bath of Epsom or Sea Salt for Body Acne?

I have been considering soaking in a bath with salt to help with body acne but am unsure as to which might be better between epsom and sea salt (on a message board, a person said they would not recommend epsom but did not state why). I was also wondering how much should be put in and how long one should soak for. If anyone has experience or feedback in relation to this, it would be appreciated. :)


*Here is something I found:


How is sea salt different than epsom salt?





Epsom salt is rich in magnesium, but lacks calcium. While magnesium is necessary to maintain the health of both the cardiovascular system and muscle tissue, the effects are more beneficial when combined with calcium.Bath of Epsom or Sea Salt for Body Acne?
http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/Bath of Epsom or Sea Salt for Body Acne?
Actually I have been using epsom salt as a scrub for a couple of days now and I can say i've noticed a difference already. I tried the bath,It says to put two cups per gallon of water,however I do not know how long should you be soaking in it.Good luck
The most common form of Acne is named Acne Vulgaris. This type of acne can be easily identified by looking at the characteristics of the lesions, there are serveral products that can help you eliminate acne completely.





a good online resource is :


http://charticles.atspace.com/acne.htm
I don't think Epsom salts will help you. Any body scrub with either sugar or salt will help slosh away dead skin but it doesn't have to be Sea Salt.


In fact, most scrubs have a lot of different oils mixed in so I'd be careful about which one to use because they may end up clogging your pores even more. I'd suggest using Neutrogena Body wash. My little sister uses it for her back acne and it seems help a lot with breakouts!





Have you tried Witch Hazel? I had a friend who rubbed witch hazel of her arms for the acne. You can buy a bottle (just a few dollars) at any drugstore on the medication aisle. It's a green liquid and it smells a little odd (not bad, just odd) but the smell evaporates after a few seconds and it does not live a residue behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment